Sunday, January 16, 2011

Accessories

For those who know me, it's no secret that I LOVE and ADORE accessories.  Earrings, necklaces, rings, hats, scarves, headbands, purses, bracelets, brooches............Even dishes are somewhat of an accessory in my world, albeit accessories for my food.

I really have no bias when it comes to accumulating accessories, but I especially love anything art deco.  And this shows in my most recent earring creations.  I've recently found someone on Etsy who sells amazing art deco findings (the little metal things that hook everything together).

Here's what I worked on this weekend.........I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos.  I took all of them with my iPhone and they are all SOOC (straight out of camera).  Didn't feel like dredging out all the photography lights, etc since I will be doing a photo shoot next weekend.


Can't beat pearls and antiqued copper.  These are larger than I usually wear, but oh so feminine.


I've only just discovered a source for lucite flower beads.  They come in the most amazing colors and look incredibly delicate.  There are several styles of flower available, but I was fond of the lilies.  The swarovski crystals really make these earrings sparkle.



It is nearly Valentine's Day so I just have to make some heart earrings.  The red beads have a beautiful shimmer to them.


I call these my Fire King earrings as they are nearly the exact color of Fire King green dishes, popular during the 1930's.



This photo looks a bit on the red side, but these earrings are actually a coral color.  I made them to go with some coral flower accessories that made last weekend when I returned from my business trip.

In a few days, I'll post some photos of the flower pins that Christy and I have been making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break on the Island

This year has been a horrible winter.  So the Prides just had to get away to someplace WARM! And nothing is better than Hilton Head Isl...