Friday, September 9, 2016

Sunflower Fields Forever

At least the field FEELS like it extends forever....................Beautiful!


I had told my husband, Paul, about this "secret" sunflower field that I knew about.  But once we arrived, there were hundreds of people already there walking the edge of the field, in the field--everywhere.  Not so secret anymore............


I loved seeing all the bees going about their pollination work.  Very comforting these days with all the talk of hive collapse syndrome.


Poor Katie was a good sport, even though I prevailed upon her to walk into the field and take some photos for me, looking up through all the leaves.  It was such tight quarters between the rows that I was afraid that I wouldn't be limber enough to get back up again.  Sadly, my artistic vision for that shot wasn't all that great in the end.  But Katie was kind enough to give it the old college try for her Mom.


For folks interested in visiting this field, it's outside of Yellow Springs, past Young's Dairy on US 68.  Well worth the drive.


There are signs for parking, so keep your eyes open.  No parking allowed on US 68 for safety reasons.


It was the perfect day for sunflowers.  Wish that I lived closer.  I would love to do a time lapse video of the sunflowers, just to see their little yellow faces following the sun during the course of the day.

 
 
Nothing is a happier sight than a field of sunflowers.
 



Not sure how big this field is exactly.  Paul says close to 100 acres of sunflowers.  I think more like 50 acres.  But either way, they are amazing enough to draw hundreds and hundreds of people to see them on the weekend.  Including the Prides, even though we live hours away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break on the Island

This year has been a horrible winter.  So the Prides just had to get away to someplace WARM! And nothing is better than Hilton Head Isl...