Monday, September 14, 2015

Pie Eating Contest

We had a lovely Labor Day weekend at the campground in New Castle, Indiana.  As you can see from this photo that I took, there was no shortage of kids.  In fact, the Pride domicile (which was the camper for that particular weekend) increased two fold.  We invited some of Katie's cousins to join us.


With the approach of fall, I felt obligated to decorate Lola for the weekend.................

 
I also refurbished an old suitcase of mine by painting the side of it with chalkboard paint to make a portable chalkboard.  Or for this weekend, a sign for Lola to go with the fall decorations.
 
 
Sadly, it rained really hard our first afternoon at camp.  Things were a bit muddy for awhile.  But on a bright note, this little guy made an appearance on my outdoor kitchen the next morning.
 

 
 

And I finished some new curtains and added some new treasures, compliments of an afternoon of shopping with Christy and her daughter Amelia.  I found LOTS of goodies.


I was able to fill up the shelf below the back window of the camper with all sorts of kitschy fun items.  And found a cute little mid century metal canister with morning glories on it.  Score!  Cuteness and storage............

 
This particular weekend, I took Bluebell with me.  Some of you might remember Bluebell from my previous posts, when she really was blue and not lilac.  Katie was upset when I mentioned painting Bluebell a different color, but we agree now, it's fun to see the questioning expressions when folks learn that my bike's name is Bluebell..................
 
 
We started off the weekend with a celebration of Zachary's 11th birthday, with a good old GIANT cookie cake.  Yum!
 
 
 

The kids had a blast, especially with the pie eating contest!

 
We finished up Saturday evening with a trip to one of the few remaining drive in movie theatres in Indiana--the SkyVue Drive In Theater in New Castle.  For the long weekend, it was a TRIPLE viewing--Minions, Jurassic World and Furious 7.  The kids (and me!) only lasted for one movie.......in fact, I'm pretty certain that I missed most of Minions.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break on the Island

This year has been a horrible winter.  So the Prides just had to get away to someplace WARM! And nothing is better than Hilton Head Isl...